- 2 Tablespoons Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion diced
- 2–3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1½ Cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 14.5 ounces Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika see notes
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 7 Large Bell Peppers top and core removed
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
Preheat your oven to 375F and place the peppers cut side up into a baking dish or a rimmed tray.
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté onion until softens, then stir in garlic and cook for about 1 minute more.
Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, for 5-6 minutes. Stir in cooked brown rice, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, and smoked paprika.
Cook until sauce is slightly reduced, about 4-5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Stuff each pepper with beef mixture and bake until peppers are mostly tender. About 10-12 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 5-7 minutes more. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley before serving. Enjoy!
- Use quinoa instead of rice. For a low-carb option use cauliflower rice.
- Amount of paprika might be a bit intense for some, use 2 teaspoon instead
- You may use ground turkey instead of ground beef
- Any other bland or cooking oil in place of olive oil
- Use any other light or fat-free shredded cheese.