- 1 Block(15oz) Extra firm tofu, frozen and thawed
- 1 Cup Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used soy milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Mustard, I used Dijon
- 1/3 Cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Panko bread crumbs, vegan
- Vegetable oil for frying
Thai Chili Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Cane sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
Copycat Chick-fil-a Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Vegan mayo, I used Follow your Heart
- 1/4 Cup BBQ sauce of choice, vegan
- 1/4 Cup Agave syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon White vinegar or apple cider vinegar
Roasted Garlic Rosemary Aioli
- 2 Heads Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 1 Cup Vegan mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Parmesan, I used Follow Your Heart
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- Pinch of Salt and pepper
Freeze the whole block of tofu(still in package). Once it is completely frozen, thaw the tofu. You can do this the day before or morning of.
Now, press the tofu*. Once you have pressed the tofu, break the block of tofu into nugget sized pieces. Set aside.
Then, take 3 mixing bowls. In the first one, whisk together the non-dairy milk, vinegar and mustard. In the second one, whisk together the flour, garlic and salt. In the third one, add the panko.
Dip each piece of tofu into the non-dairy milk mixture, then into the flour coating completely, then back into the non-dairy milk, and then into the panko. Pressing the panko on all of the piece of tofu.
Repeat with all the tofu. I do a few pieces at a time to speed up the process. Set all the coated tofu on a plate.
Now heat about 1-1/2 inches of oil in a medium sized sauce pan. It should be enough oil to almost submerge the tofu. Heat on medium high until it gets to about 350 degrees(F). There should be small bubbles forming. Reduce heat as needed.
Add about 4-5 pieces of tofu at once and fry until completely golden brown, about 2-4 minutes each. Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel. Sprinkle with extra salt. Repeat with all the tofu. Serve immediately.
If making the Thai chili ketchup, whisk all the ingredients together and put in the fridge for at least an hour to let the flavors marry.
If making the Chick-fil-a sauce, whisk all the ingredients together until fully combined. You can serve this one immediately.
If making the roasted garlic rosemary aioli, you need to first roasted the garlic. Cut the top of the bulbs of garlic off to expose the garlic. Drizzle each bulb with a teaspoon of olive oil. Wrap them in foil and then roast at 450 degrees(F) for 40-45 minutes or until super soft and brown.
Squeeze the roasted garlic into a small mixing bowl and smash it. Then whisk in the vegan mayo making sure the garlic is mixed evenly throughout. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. You can serve this immediately.
* If you need more information on how to press tofu, check out my HOW TO COOK TOFU guide.