• 12 fajita-size flour tortillas (warmed)
• 2 cups shredded chicken
• 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
• 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
• 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• Salt (optional)
• Salsa or guacamole, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 15×11-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, Cheddar, bacon, and jalapeno until thoroughly combined. Spoon 2-3 tbsp. of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla. Roll the tortilla around the filling as tight as you can. Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling. Make sure the taquitos are not touching. Lightly brush each taquito with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the taquitos are crisp and golden brown.
4. Serve hot with salsa or guacamole.